Preparing for your Newborn Session is exciting! Here are a few tips to help you:
When You Are Pregnant
- All of our Newborn sessions are paid in advance to provide the best experience. You can pay online. If you need a payment plan, please contact us and we are happy to work that out with you. All final payments must be made at least a month before your due date.
- Before your due date, let us know your style. What colors do you want us to incorporate in our set-ups. We have hundreds of props, headbands, hats, blankets, backdrops to use so just let us know what color and style you like and we will be set to go. Browse through our Facebook page to get ideas on how we put set-ups together. Get inspired!All of our Newborn sessions are paid in advance to provide the best experience. You can pay online. If you need a payment plan, please contact us and we are happy to work that out with you. All final payments must be made at least a month before your due date.
When The Baby Arrives
- Once the baby arrives, please notify us within 24 hours. This allows us to plan and prepare and block time in our schedule to get you in the studio within 7-10 days of birth. You can email us, Facebook, text or call. Whatever is easiest.
The Big Day–Your Session
- The day of the session, bathe the baby, dress him in something very loose and easy to get off-preferably nothing over their head.
- Before you leave, feed him well. If you live further than 45 minutes from the studio, plan to come about 30 minutes early to feed him in the private mom’s room before the session. Otherwise, feed him well and put him in the carseat and head on over.
- Once you arrive, we will show you around and get you comfortable.
- We heat the studio up to a very comfortable 90 degrees. Everything will be set up in different stations and ready for your precious baby.
- You will relax in an adjacent mom’s room where you can drink some coffee/tea, have some snacks, enjoy free wi-fi, listen to some soft music and take a nap (you deserve it!).
- We will take the baby in the studio in their car seat and get them undressed in front of the heat so they stay warm and sleepy!
- You are welcome to peek on your bundle of joy at anytime. Tammy, my assistant, and I are always very close to the baby. We work in a small area and safety is our #1 value. Tammy and I are both former registered nurses and we each have 4 children so your baby is always loved.
- The session can last from 1 hour to 3 hours depending on baby.
- If they need fed to keep them sleepy, we will wrap them up and bring him to you to feed in the mom’s room.
- If you are choosing to do a few pictures with parents and/or siblings those are done at the very end. We suggest bringing an extra set of clothes because the baby will be in his birthday suit and/or wrapped slightly.
- For parent/sibling pictures, we do one set up and we suggest you wear a solid dark color top. It always best to buy a fresh new shirt for this special occasion. Dark colors fade easily. You might want to pack a lint roller just in case.
- Siblings: We love capturing those sweet moments so it is important to have realistic expectations. Siblings under 3 are going through some major changes in their life with a new baby. Although they may be fine at home, remember in the studio it is normal for things to go differently. We will not push siblings to ‘cheese’ it up if they aren’t into it. We will try to get them to sit beside a secure basket/bucket with the newborn. Siblings age 4 and over that are willing/able to hold the newborn-We will wrap the newborn in a cozy wrap and place them on their lap while they are sitting. For sibling girls ages 2-5, we have a beautiful vintage dress/headband that you may use so just let us know ahead of time and we will get it ready. Otherwise, we suggest bare toes and a natural colored top/dress. Jeans are cute too. To keep things stress free for you and the newborn-we ask that you have a grandparent/dad bring the siblings to the studio about 1.5 hours into the session so they aren’t waiting for so long.
After The Session
- Once we are finished with the session, you are free to go. We post sneak peeks within 24 hours on our Facebook page. You can tag yourself or we can tag you. If you’d like to keep things anonymous, that is fine and we respect that. We only use the first name of your baby.
- Within 7-10 days of your session, you will be emailed a link to your online gallery. That will be open for 14 days so you can download your edited digital images and choose any prints if you would like to buy any. You can share the gallery with friends and family so they can purchase prints too!
- We love referrals and appreciate your kind words. Please do share about your experience on Facebook and social media.
- We hope to see you as your baby grows for 6 month and 1 year sessions! Ask us about our returning client discount!